Driving around for the weekend in the Lincoln MKX reminded me of Steve Job’s quote, “A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”
In addition to providing a smooth ride, exuding comfort and safety, Lincoln Motor Company’s 2016 MKX goes above and beyond in features. It’s technology that you didn’t know you wanted but once you’ve had it you don’t know how you lived without it. Here are the five features of the Lincoln MKX I don’t know how I can live without:
- 360 Degree Camera. I live in a very active community of walkers, joggers and bike riders of all ages. I have three kids and two dogs. And, there are stray cats every where. All of this gives me anxiety every time I back out of my driveway. The Lincoln MKX cameras stitch together front, side and rear views to create a complete 360 degree view around the vehicle. It’s a safety feature that every vehicle should have.
- Massaging Seats. I am always looking for ways to improve my two-hour daily commute. From listening to books on tape to stopping for my favorite coffee on particularly stressful mornings, it’s important for me to find ways to stay positive during the drive. No one wants me to show up stressed and angry at the office or at home. An additional feature in the Lincoln MKX is driver and passenger massaging seats. It’s like having your own Brooks Brother’s massage chair in the car. I was actually looking forward to being stuck in traffic!
- Lane-Keeping System. With three kids in the car and Miami traffic, I can use all of the help I can get to safely navigate around town. Lincoln MKX’s lane-keeping system monitors road lanes, detects lane departures and signals to the driver if you’re starting to drift out of your lane. Small lights on the side-mirrors also indicate when a vehicle is next to the car and it is unsafe to change lanes.
- Revel Audio System. Back to discussing the horrendous morning commute and how I to make the drive more enjoyable. Music is an instant mood changer and the Lincoln MKX’s Revel Audio System delivers. It provides three unique sound modes to create a music experience unlike any other. For those that are really into their tunes, a nineteen speaker option is available.
- Welcome Features. It’s a horrendous downpour and I’m jumping through puddles to get to the car. Upon approach, the Lincoln MKX begins to light up. A Lincoln logo illuminates the pavement, soft lighting goes on in the car and I immediately begin to feel more at ease. Once I hit the start button, the seat moves into position, the steering wheel adjusts and the side mirrors move into place. They say that first impressions are the most important ones and with the Lincoln MKX, you will not be disappointed.
Whether a parent or just looking to purchase a larger, luxury vehicle, the Lincoln MKX is certainly a strong contender.